Crane load testing using water bags
One of the most outstanding services of SYM Naval, beyond the construction, repair and naval conversion, is the performance of load tests for all types of cranes. It is a service carried out by a professional and specialized team whose main objective is to ensure the safety and reliability of each project. The quality required throughout the load tests becomes a key factor of confidence in terms of the results issued.
Main characteristics of water bags
The load tests are carried out using water bags of different sizes and weights, up to 110 tons and certified dynamometers of up to 150 tons. The water bags are characterized especially for being a tremendously fast and efficient method to precisely test the load of all types of cranes. Thus, water bags stand out for the following attributes:
- Quality fabrics: Water bags are made with high resistance fabrics.
- Greater safety: They are equipped with drain valves, filling hoses and lifting slings.
- Speed and results: Their speed is that they are easier to fill than other traditional methods.
- More economical: Load tests with bags of water represent a reduction in the costs associated with these services.
- Customized: At SYM Naval we customize solutions for load testing and crane certifications combining different capacities.
Types of cranes for load testing
Load tests with water bags are used to safely test the load capacity and correct operation of the equipment. The types of cranes can be differentiated as follows:
- Gantry cranes: These are mechanical equipment that is responsible for lifting different types of cargo. It is a type of mobile crane commonly used in international trade ports because it facilitates the transfer of heavy containers. But not only that, the light gantry crane can also be used in workshops, docks, factories, among other facilities that are usually outdoors.
- Floating cranes: Floating cranes are also known as crane ships or crane vessels, as they are floating platforms with the capacity to lift cargo or supplies on board or to carry out offshore operations.
- Tower cranes: Designed to work as a construction tool, a tower crane is a type of crane with a removable metal structure powered by electric current. These can be classified by their boom, which can be horizontal or folding, a characteristic that allows them to produce higher load moments.
- Mobile cranes: Mobile cranes are used mainly in the construction sector, as they allow lifting, moving and lowering very heavy elements from one point to another. They are characterized by being integrated on a carrier vehicle, on wheels or tracks.
- Overhead cranes: Also known as bridge cranes, overhead cranes are used in factories and industries to lift and move heavy loads, allowing large parts to be moved horizontally and vertical.
- Ship cranes: Ship cranes, also known as marine cranes, are especially suitable for handling containers, bulk material and bales, as well as for use in the heavy-duty segment.
SYM Naval is specialized in load testing with water bags for all kinds of cranes.